- For any business relationship between Gardenology and the customer starting from 18.10.2019 exclusively the following General Terms and Conditions will apply, regardless of the means of communication used.
- The customer recognizes the exclusive validity of Gardenology General Terms and Conditions for the entire business relationship. Gardenology will not recognize any different conditions of the customer unless the management of Gardenology has expressly agreed in writing to their validity. If the customer enters into a business relationship with Gardenology by using the website, he/she recognises the General Terms and Conditions as the basis for the entire business relationship between the customer and Gardenology.
§2 Closure Of Purchase Contract And Cancellation
- The presentation of products within the framework of the Online Shop does not represent a legally binding offer but rather an in-line catalogue without obligation. By clicking the button ‘Buy now’, you are making a binding order for the goods contained in the shopping basket. The confirmation of the receipt of the order will occur immediately after the order has been sent through an automatically generated e-mail and does not yet represent an acceptance of any contract. Such acceptance will only come into being when you receive an e-mail from us, in which we confirm the dispatch of the item or the order.
- The ordering and transaction language is English. We will store the text of the contract and will send you the order details by e-mail. You may consult previous orders in your customer account, provided that you have registered with us.
- If we cannot accept the offer or should certain products in an order not be available, then you will be informed immediately.
- Gardenology reserves the right to withdraw from the sales contract in cases of print or wording or calculation mistakes on the website.
- All offers are valid as long as stocks last. Should our supplier despite contractual agreement not be able to deliver the ordered products then we equally have the right to cancel a contract with a customer. In this case you will be informed without delay that the ordered product cannot be delivered. The already paid purchase price will be returned within 7 business days or set against other products.
- Policy regarding the conditions for and consequences of cancellation are set out in the following section ‘Cancellation Policy’.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without stating any reason. The statutory cancellation period is 14 days starting from the day when you or a third party, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the items or, in the case of part deliveries, the final item.
Beyond the statutory cancellation period we voluntarily grant you an extended cancellation period amounting in total to 21 days for the articles which are also subject to the statutory cancellation right.
This cancellation rights must be exercised by informing us (Gardenology) by means of an unequivocal declaration (e.g. by a letter sent by post, or e-mail) of your decision to cancel this contract. To do this you may use the standard cancellation form. However, this is not obligatory.
To observe the cancellation period it is sufficient for you to send the statement of your wish to exercise your cancellation rights before the expiry of the cancellation period.
CONSUMER – a natural person who, when placing an Order, acts for purposes that are not directly related to their business or professional activity, as well as a natural person (entrepreneur) who, when placing an Order, acts for purposes related to their business activity, but not of a professional nature of it, arising in particular from the subject of their business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions on the Central Register and Information on Business Activity.
Consequences of cancellation
- A consumer who generates a remote effect has the right to withdraw from the contract without obtaining the final effect within 14 days from the date of production using the purchased items.
- Starting from 01/01/2021, the right to withdraw from the contract on the principles applicable under the paragraph and behavior in accordance with the Act on consumer rights, who is also entitled to a separate detailed description with the Seller directly operating from this activity, when the content of the contract stipulates that it does not have this legal person, which is considered to be an entity belonging to this economic activity, corrects it on the basis of the provisions on the Central Registration and Information on Economic Activity. Therefore, when the supervision of the paragraph refers to the Consumer's benefit, issue from 01/01/2021. It also uses persons meeting the criteria.
- In order to withdraw from the contract, the Consumer must help the Seller about his decision to withdraw from the contract in an external proceeding.
- This consumer with a template of the right to withdraw from the contract may be made available here, however, it is not mandatory.
- To complete the withdrawal from the contract, it is enough for the Consumer to send information about the exercise of the right to withdraw from the contract to the Consumer before the deadline for withdrawal from the contract.
- The consumer applies to the product of the Seller or another person authorized by the Seller to collect the origin, but not later than 14 days from the date of the contract, unless the Service Provider decides to collect the item himself. To keep the end, it is enough to send back the product before storing it.
- The consumer bears the direct cost of returning the item.
- In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the Seller returns to the Consumer all payments received from the Consumer, at that time the cost of delivery of products available in the Store (if the cost was covered by the Consumer) of origin, and in any case not later than 14 days from the date on which the Seller was informed about the right to withdraw from the contract. The refund will be made using the same payment methods that were used by the Consumer in the additional transaction, unless the Consumer chooses a different solution. In any case, the Consumer will not incur any fees in exchange for the return of the payment.
- If the seller is not delivered that he will pick up the item from the Consumer himself, he may call for the return of payments received from the Consumer until he receives the item back or the Consumer delivers it back, whichever occurs first.
- The consumer is responsible for calculating the value of the source of deriving benefits from the product in the effect causing, beyond the necessary to the standard, feature and operation of the product.
§4 Payment and late payments
- All product prices at Gardenology are gross prices, include the current rate of VAT and are shown in the Euro currency. The prices stated at the time of the order including sales tax plus all costs arising from delivery are valid until further notice.
- Customers from non EU countries and outside Switzerland and Norway can order at Gardenology minus sales tax. The payment of the land specific taxes is the responsibility of the customer and is not part of the obligations of Gardenology. Any customs duties that may arise have to be paid by the customer.
- The retail price is payable upon placement of an order.
- The customer can pay the purchase price by credit card in PayPal system and bank transfer. In the case of payment by PayPal, Gardenology will store the e-mail address and delivery address supplied to Pay Pal in order to process the order. The customer has the possibility at all times of requesting the Gardenology log-in data in order to follow up his/her order.
- Electronic payments, including card payments, are handled by iMoje.
§5 Invoke a withholding right after notification of defects
- A right to withhold may be invoked by the customer only when his complaints have been recognised legally or by Gardenology. The customer is only entitled to exercise his withholding right in as far as his counter claim is based on the same contractual relationship.
§6 Proprietary rights
- All of our deliveries and services occur under proprietary right. Until all the claims against the customer have been fully met, the delivered products remain the property of Gardenology.
- The guarantee period is based on the legal regulations. This is 2 years and begins at the time the customer receives the product.
- Claims against Gardenology which may go beyond guarantee claims based on a manufacturer’s guarantee are excluded in as far as this is legally permissible. Claims arising from a manufacturer’s guarantee can only be claimed by the customer against the manufacturer, who has provided the guarantee.
- The guarantee is not valid against normal wear and tear caused by use of a product.
- Should a defect in a purchased item be the responsibility of Gardenology, then Gardenology is entitled to choose either to provide a repair or remedy of the fault, or a replacement product. If Gardenology is unwilling or not able to repair the problem or provide a replacement or the time taken to carry this out is longer than the appropriate time period expected for reasons that fall within the responsibility of Gardenology or if the repair/replacement delivery is unsuccessful, then the customer is entitled to withdraw from his contract or to ask for an appropriate reduction of the purchase price.
- If a warranty claim should occur on a product ordered online, the customer can return it to the contact address provided. Should it arise that the product does not have a fault that falls under warranty then Gardenology will bill the customer for any expenses incurred.
- Compensation for consequential damage (due to defects), as well as for any other damage to materials or financial loss and claims for damages by third parties against customers, are excluded, in as far as it is not a case of consumer business.
- Claims by the customer other than the guarantee claims laid down in §7, especially damages claims, are excluded, in as far as this is legally permissible. Thus Gardenology accepts no responsibility for damage or harm not directly linked to the delivered object itself and especially not for loss of profit or other financial loss by the customer. In as far as the liability of Gardenology is excluded or limited, this also applies for the personal liability of employees, representatives or agents.
- The liability limitation defined in §8 sec.1 does not apply in as far as the damage/harm is the result of intentionality or gross negligence or personal injury has occurred.
- Gardenology accepts no responsibility for the eventuality that the services offered from its website are not available without interruption nor for the conservation of stored data.
§9 Links and references
- The links to outside pages made by Gardenology are only signposts to these sites; therefore they are presented in specific browser windows by means of external links. Gardenology does not identify with the content of these pages to which reference is made and accepts no responsibility for them.
§10 Information obligations
- On ordering the customer is obliged to make truthful statements. In as far as there is a change in the customer’s data, especially names, address, e-mail address, telephone number, the customer is obliged to inform Gardenology of this change without delay by changing the information given. If the customer fails to give this information or provides false data from the outset, especially a false e-mail address, then Gardenology may withdraw from the contract, in as far as such a contract has been made.
§11 Applicable law and jurisdiction
- Polish law applies.
- In all legal matters Polish law, excluding any of its reference provisions and the EU sales law, applies exclusively to all legal dealings between Gardenology and the customer applies, in as far as this is legally permissible.
- For consumers as defined in Art 5 EVÜ their national obligatory consumer protection law provisions apply, unless the applicable Polish provisions are more favourable.
- If the customer is not subject to general legal jurisdiction in Poland, has changed residence or moved his/her normal place of residence abroad since the purchase contract was made or his/her normal residence is not fixed/known at the time of any action brought, then Reda will be applied as the exclusive jurisdiction for any disputes arising directly or indirectly as a result of a contract.
- If the customer has his place of residence or is normally present or is employed in Poland, then for an action against him/her in accordance with §§88, 89, 93 Sect. 2 and 104 Para. 1 amended, any question relating to the competence of a particular court can only be determined by place of residence, normal place of presence or employment location. This is not the case with pre-existing disputes. For any legal disputes arising from the contract, the mandatory computer protection law provisions at the consumer’s place of residence are also applicable to the contractual relationship.
§12 Data protection
- All data collected by us will be used and processed exclusively within the framework of the current data protection laws in accordance with our data protection regulations.
§13 Severability clause
- Should certain terms of the current contract be ineffective or impracticable or after contract closure be ineffective or impracticable, then the validity of the remaining provisions of the contract still remains unchanged. Practical and effective provisions, the effects of which will come closest to fulfilling the commercial goals pursued by the contracting parties through the ineffective and/or impracticable provisions, will replace the ineffective or impracticable provisions. The provisions above also apply in the case that the contract is incomplete.
Latest update: 11.04.2023